Today, I am going to share with you the exact step by step process to turn off/disable windows defender on windows 7, 8, and 10 using all possible ways.
Windows defender serves as a firewall which protects your system from several virus attacks online or offline.
At the same time, the installation of some apps requires that windows defender should be off/disable.
Let’s move on to the step by step guide to disable windows defender:
Follow the following step by step guide to disable windows defender on windows 7:
- Go to start that is bottom left on the system screen.
- In the search box type in “Windows Defender”.
- Click on windows defender from the search results and open it.
- You will see the basic interface of the windows defender.
- Click on “Tools” which is the last element in the top line.
- Click on “Options” to see all the available options of windows defender.
- Open the “Administrator” option and uncheck the first box named “Use This Program”.
- Click on save button to save all the settings.
- That’s all you have successfully turned off the windows defender on windows 7.
Follow the following step by step guide to turn off windows defender on windows 8:
- Search for “Run” in Windows 8 search bar.
- Open it and type “services.msc” and click OK button. It will take you to the screen shown below.
- Scroll down until you find Windows Defender in the list of services. Right click on windows defender and open properties.
- Click on “Stop” to turn off windows defender on windows 8 and click “OK”.
- You can see windows defender has been successfully stopped.
Follow the following step by step guide to disable windows defender on windows 10:
- Enter “Run” In Search Bar on Windows 10.
- Type in “gpedit.msc” in the search bar of the application “Run” and click ok.
- Under “Windows Configuration” open the folder named as “Administrative Templates”.
- Click on “Windows Components”.
- Scroll down until you find “Windows Defender”.Open it and follow the next instruction.
- Double click on “Turn Off Windows Defender” and prompt to next instruction.
- The current status of windows defender will be “Not Configured”. Click on Enabled and then apply the settings.
- Congratulations, you have successfully turned off windows defender on windows 10, You can also see in the screenshot shown above.