Today, In this article I am going to share with you the most powerful methods and extensions to block a website on chrome.
There are certain websites that are not safe to visit because of a lot number of reasons.
The only way you can avoid visiting them is to block them in your default browser.
As Google Chrome is the default browser of the 95% Internet users, therefore I will discuss the methods to block certain websites on this browser only.
Basically, This article consists of 2 portions. In the first portion, I will tell you how you can block websites in Google Chrome Using Your Laptop/PC and in the 2nd portion I will share with you the complete steps to block websites on your mobile phone.
- [maxbutton id=”7″ ]
- [maxbutton id=”8″ ]
You can also apply the exact same methods on other browsers also.
There are a lot of advantages of blocking a website on chrome/your default browser like:
- You can do safe research across the web by blocking adult websites on chrome.
- Block those websites from your browser which do not have a positive SSL certificate as they can steal your information like passwords, credit cards, etc.
- You can stop wasting too much time on social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
Now, let’s move on to the exact methods to block a website on Google Chrome:
Here are the Chrome Extensions which you can use to block certain websites in your browser:
This is an excellent Google Chrome Extensions which is developed by https://blocksite.co/.
[maxbutton id=”1″ ]
The second most interesting Google Chrome Extension which you can use to block a website is site blocker which is offered on Chrome Store by Soli Software Inc.
[maxbutton id=”2″ ]
You can also use Block Site Extension to block a website on Chrome which is offered by rynu.smith in Google Chrome Store.
[maxbutton id=”3″ ]
Block site(version ii) is also a good extension which you can use for blocking websites on chrome with ease. It is offered by Jorvi In Chrome Webstore.
[maxbutton id=”4″ ]
Simple blocker is the simplest chrome extension which you can use to block all types of websites by installing it from Chrome Webstore. It is offered by https://simpleblocker.com/
[maxbutton id=”5″ ]
Last but not the least Site Blocker(version ii) can also be used to block a website in chrome by installing it from Chrome Webstore. This extension is offered by https://blog.t5o.me/.
[maxbutton id=”6″ ]
You can use any of the above extension to block all the annoying websites which you don’t want to browse.
- When You Will Open The Above Given Link, It will lead you to this screen which is basically the Chrome Webstore.
- Click On “Add to Chrome” to add this extension to chrome bar so that it can do the work properly.
- After that click on “Add Extension” button from the above popup that will appear right after doing the above step.
- The Extension will start downloading.
- After the download has finished, It will open a new window which is the agreement of terms of services and you have to click on the “Agree” button in order to use this extension.
- Click on the extension and it will lead you to the above screen where you can add the URLs of all the websites which you want to block on chrome.
- Enter the Url and click on the + icon, It will add the respective site in the block list.
- You can also remove a website from the block list by clicking on the – sign in front of the respective website.
- Go to the above-given link and it will lead you to this screen. Click on the “Add to Chrome” button.
- Click on”Add Extension” button to start downloading the extension.
- You can see that downloading has been started.
- Extension will be added automatically to chrome bar after it has been downloaded.
- There are two ways to block a website using this extension. In the first method, you have to go to the respective site which you wanna block and click on the extension and then “Block Current Site”.
- You can also block a number of websites from this dashboard by adding the URLs of the websites here.
- When you will add a website to the block list it will show the above interface when you will try to access that particular website.
- Click on the above given link and it will lead you to this site where you have to click on “Add to Chrome” button.
- Now, click on “Add Extension” button, and it will add extension there in the chrome bar.
- Open the website which you wanna block and click on the “W” icon in the chrome bar. It will confirm and will add the site to the blocked list.
- When you will again visit the blocked website, it will show up the above screen.
- Click on “Add to Chrome” button.
- Now, click add the extension and it will add the extension to Chrome bar.
- Click on the extension and then options to add the websites to block list.
- Simply add the URLs of all the websites which you wanna block.
- Click on “Add to Chrome” button.
- Now, Click on “Add Extension” button yo make it available on the Chrome Bar.
- Click on the extension icon and it will open this interface where you can add unlimited websites that you want to block.
- Add the website blocker(beta) to chrome.
- Click on Add Extension button to confirm its addition in chrome bar.
- Go to the website which you want to block, click on Website Blocker(beta) icon and then “Block This” button. It will block the site completely.
If you want to block some websites on your mobile in chrome browser you can do this by following the below-given procedure:
- Open the Google PlayStore on your mobile.
- Search for “Website Blocker” there.
- You will see a lot of websites blockers there which you can use to block any website on your mobile.
- They can block websites in each browser you are using in your Andriod mobile, chrome is not necessary.